Workshops and Presentations
Maarten Stappers presentations and workshops can vary from one hour to two hours or cover a whole day with or without paddock walks looking at soil health indicators.
For more of Maarten's career visit the ‘Profile' section or for feedback on these see section 'Testimonials'.See examples of topics presented below and for feedback on these see section 'Testimonials'.
Maarten has given presentations and workshops about the following topics -
- Soil fertility management - towards sustainable Farming Systems and landscapes
- Farming Systems in Transition -
- towards better soils in cropping and pasture
- examples from practice
- change in thinking and management
- Moving from Industrial to Biological Farming Systems
- Contribution of Agricultural Science to productivity gain in the cropping industries - reflecting back and looking forward
- Wheat plant growth stages as a diagnostic tool for management
- Managing irrigated wheat canopies for high yields and quality
- High-yielding wheat for grain - learning from irrigation
- Managing irrigated wheat with uncertain water availability
- Assessing the productivity of wheat genotypes in a Mediterranean climate, using a crop-simulation model
- Sense and nonsense of modelling for sustainable agriculture
- How we use the Earth's resources
- Feeding a green earth
- Organics, GM & Science
- Secret Plant Business: GM sneaking into our food chain
- Nourishing Children - Weston A. Price Foundation
- Where does our food come from? Bread? Milk? Healthy food?
Services are practicioners to practitioners for a fee and to community and schools for costs of travel.
Soil fertility management
Moving from Industrial to
Biological Farming Systems